The Singapore Business and Social Association together with Piper Alderman and ANZ are pleased to present our very first Learn and Lunch Business Series : “Establishing Business in Australia”
Join us for an engaging presentation with Jen Tan, Senior Lawyer, and Liam Higgins, Lawyer, from Piper Alderman as they provide an overview of the issues you should be thinking about before starting a new business, and some of the things to think about if you wish to restructure or change your existing business arrangements, which will be followed by a short Q&A.
This presentation will provide a thought provoking blue print about how you can establish your business in an appropriate way to help you manage your liabilities, risks and exposures, including:
- what are the types of business structures available in Australia, and how can you decide which one to use for your business?
- what are the key issues or obligations directors need to be aware of in running a business in Australia?
- what agreements should you prepare from the outset to protect your business and formalise your business arrangements?
- how can you go about acquiring property or securing premises for your business?
- what are some of the employment issues to consider in running your business?
- what taxation issues exist for operating your business in Australia?
Our co-sponsor, ANZ will also be sharing about financial considerations and understanding more about taking up business loans.
This presentation provides a high level overview of issues which are often advised to clients at usual lawyer rates, but which are offered to you at this session at a SIGNIFICANTLY discounted rate of $25 for members and $35 for non-members. The cost of the ticket will also include food and drinks for lunch.
Registration for the lunch has officially closed. Thank you.